How to Protect Electronic Gadgets While Travelling
We travellers, backpackers, nomads or even tourists these days carry many electronic gadgets with us when we travel. Laptops, Mobile phones, cameras, tablets, external hard discs to name a few are carried with us wherever we go at home or abroad.
These items are expensive and we rely on them so much during our wanderings. In a sense we never really leave home or family as we are able to be in instant contact with them almost 24/7.
So with our dependency on all these gadgets do we really take good enough care of them. I know that some of my items are just squeezed into a pocket somewhere on my backpack but so far i have been lucky enough not to have had any misfortune. So what ways are there to take more care and make sure that these valuable gadgets stay in good condition through our endurances.
First of all when flying and if you have some check-in luggage make sure that your electronic gadgets stay with you in your carry on bag. This avoids actually losing them if your baggage gets mislaid, and also that they don’t receive any knocks from being thrown about by the baggage handlers. You should also make sure that any cables, batteries, chargers etc stay with you too. This tip also applies if you are travelling by bus, taxi or any other mode of transport where you may be separated from your main bag.
- Use a protective laptop sleeve to protect against knocks and bumps. They don’t weigh much, cost only a few dollars and can save you alot of worry.
- If you have a small camera then maybe think about buying a pouch that slides onto your trouser belt. It not only saves room in your bag but your camera is instantly available if you suddenly come across a subject that you would like to photograph. Other small items may also be carried in belt pouches too, like rechargeable batteries, ear phones and digital music players.
- Be prepared for rain !!!!! Good quality plastic bags are cheap to buy and light to carry. Use them to cover your gadgets when the going becomes wet. Not only in rainy conditions but when travelling on water. The spray from the sea will soon ruin your electronic gadgets if given a chance.
- Use plastic screen protectors for your cameras and phones to save them from becoming scratched and full of fingerprints. There is nothing worse than looking at a scratched or dirty viewfinder or mobile screen.
- Make sure your laptop has up to date anti virus and anti malware software installed. We all use the free wifi hotspots when travelling and need to remember that most of them are not secure.
Are there any other gadgets you carry around?
What other tips can you give us to keep our electronic gadgets safe on the road.
Did you like “How to Protect Electronic Gadgets While Travelling ” ? If so then please share this page with your friends.
Leave a comment below to let me know what you liked best.
Follow Silverbackpacker on Facebook, Instagram ,Twitter and Pinterest for more travel adventures and be notified about my latest posts and updates!
Thankyou for sharing 🙂
All photographs and content on this website remain the property of Silverbackpacker.com. Images may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced or used in any way without prior written consent.
Print purchases entitle the purchaser to the ownership of the image but not to the copyrights of the image which still remain with Silverbackpacker.com even after purchase.
Follow Silverbackpacker for more of his Travels
Audere Est Facere – Silverbackpacker.com – To Dare is To Do
Affiliate Disclaimer: Links on this website may be affiliate links that could result in us receiving compensation when you purchase a product or service from that link. You do not pay any extra fees for these items. This helps us to keep this website going. Thank you for your support.