Its Time to Silverbackpack the Day
One more cup of coffee
I was once asked why my Backpack was Black and not Silver. I had to explain that it was my hair that is now Silver and I travel with a Backpack.
That’s how the name Silverbackpacker originated. Travellers these days need to identify with a name, since it seems that every step they take needs to be documented. How times have changed since i first started all those years ago.
Here i will bring you travel tales from Past and Present so come aboard, look around and leave a footprint with a comment or two.
“A child on a farm sees a plane fly overhead and dreams of a faraway place. A traveller on the plane sees the farmhouse… and thinks of home – Carl Burns
Looking at the world through the sunset in your eyes
Traveling the train through clear Moroccan skies
Ducks and pigs and chickens call
Animal carpet wall to wall
American ladies five-foot tall in blue read more…
If you are looking for a place to get away from it all in Morocco you can do no better than finding your way to Chefchaouen. This small town up in the Rif Mountains is just the place to recharge your batteries before heading back to the hustle and bustle of Morocco’s cities. read more…
A couple of weeks before leaving for Marrakesh i was doing some research online into where to stay for a night or two before heading to the North of the country. Looking through the reviews on Hostelbookers, Riad Marrakech Rouge seemed like a good place to hang out. I placed my booking for a dorm bed in a 6 bed room, received confirmation emails etc and thought no more about it.
The clock at the entrance to Battambang Train Station says 8.02. In most countries that would mean rush hour and thousands of passengers cramming themselves onto trains for their daily commute but not here. read more…
I had heard of The Starfish Project before i arrived in Cambodia and was determined to pay them a visit. The Starfish Project can be found in a small narrow backstreet in Sihanoukville, Cambodia. It took me sometime to actually find it as there were not any signs, or any that were obvious, to lead me there. read more…
Keep up on Facebook
- @fides_DProvider Thumbs up for sharing that tweet. It's now live on my @RebelMouse! t.co/eeYvNhOZKz t.co/i04jX8qpqW
- RT @fides_DProvider: To my one who got away, Stay lost. And let me find you. #sagada #mountains #travel #backpacking… t.co/2yxOf…
- The Traveller is out! t.co/zOftXalgpz Stories via @TheSocialMs @indianscrewup @2Travelaholics
- A Guy Quits His Studies at Age of 18 and Started Traveling Around the World t.co/Jhw6Ktyv5V via @TheBeautyofTrav
- Satpura National Park - India's understated safari experience t.co/8Cg9tKmSPj via @dd_traveller
Follow @silverbackpaker on twitter.
Lets Pin Together